Friday, January 25, 2013

DIY Brick Wall Tutorial


Here is my first video tutorial on how to make a realistic looking faux (Faux: adj. (pronounced /'fo /, like "foe", French origin for false or fake.) brick texture on your interior walls. 


Its super simple and affordable way to add unique touches to your home.  This particular wall is in my master bedroom.  This room is going to be very contemporary and edgy when I am through with it!  
So fabulous!  The brick wall isn't too bad either. 
There will be more to come with the transformation of this room that the brick wall is in, and then I will still have to tackle the bathroom! 


3 comments:

  1. My name Nugroho from Indonesia
    I've been watching your videos, and I wanted to try it. There is one I want to ask, what materials are used to create texture (red color material). whether it is a mixture of cement powder red soil? Thank you Valerie L
    .. Sorry if I do not speak English well, I use google translater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use cement or grout coloring powder. You should be able to find it by cement products at your local store.

      Delete
    2. thanks for the reply, I will try to apply the techniques that have been given. GBU

      Delete