Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pace Family, TV Stand Revival Part 2

I am going all out on this TV stand.  It is the end of day 2 and I haven't even started painting yet.  So you can see I added a new solid wood top.  It was a piece of laminated pine.  Laminated as in planks glued together not as in layers like plywood.  I bought it this way from Home Depot, they even cut it for me.  Their saws are much better than my cheap home saw and it was a perfect cut.    
 I Added 2 pieces of 1/4 inch MDF to the inside space where the false drawer used to be.  There was already a piece of plywood in there originally but it was sagging and I don't feel like it could withstand being used as a shelf, plus it looked ugly.  This will all get painted the same white color as the outside.  I had to cut notches for it to fit like a puzzle pieces. It was fun. No really, not being sarcastic here.  I jump at any chance to use the band saw.
 The next step is to fill in all the dings it's received over the years (and a few by me) and get it all sanded and primed for painting.
Here is the inspiration piece for the paint colors.  It's basically white and neutral, but there is slight shade change.  It's going to look awesome with this piece. It's going to take half a dozen coats of it to cover up the black paint though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment